[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Publish Permission
junaidbinsarfraz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 06:41:59 CEST 2016
Thanks Washington Farias for quick answer.
Well I revoked rights of Direct Publish and Control, but still mkumar can publish from button.
What I exactly want is that mkumar can make changes within the page but should not be able to publish it at all.
So for this what role and/or permission I should assign to mkumar.
On Monday, April 11, 2016 10:40 PM, Washington Farias <masterkey747747747 at gmail.com> wrote:
Remove the permissions: Direct Publish, Control
Stay only Read, Write and View in content folder.
On 11 April 2016 at 08:39, Junaid Sarfraz <junaidbinsarfraz at yahoo.com> wrote:
This question is posted in **[here](http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36498763/opencms-publish-permission)** too
I am using OpenCMS 10.
1) I have created a new user lets say mkumar.
2) I assigned Users group to the user.
3) I assigned Element author role ([having least permissions](http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/background/permissions-in-opencms/users-groups-roles-and-ous/roles-in-opencms/))
An element author can only access the page editor (and content editors). This role can create, add and edit content elements.4) Now I created new resource/page say myPage.html and I add a sample content in it.
5) I set permission of mkumar on myPage.html [Check image here](http://i.stack.imgur.com/GLca3.png)
6) (From another browser) mkumar logged in and open myPage.html. He edited the content (say he add more content).
7) After editing mkumar is able to publish (but in permission box is denied Direct Publish).
I want to remove publish permission. What should I do now?
This mail is sent to you from the opencms-dev mailing list
To change your list options, or to unsubscribe from the list, please visit
contato (at) was547 (dot) comJoão Pessoa, Brasil
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the opencms-dev