[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8 Feature List
alex at opencms.org
Mon Apr 18 14:54:56 CEST 2011
with just 3 weeks from the OpenCms 8 launch, I want give you an update about
what to expect in the next OpenCms version:
* The major thing in OpenCms 8 will be the "Advanced Direct Edit" mode. It
allows to create page content by drag & drop. This is a major usability
improvement, and I find it really cool.
* Then there is the all new sitemap editor. It allows to create pages and
re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop. Also very cool.
* We replaced the "Upload Applet" with a new HTML based dialog that can
upload multiple files.
* JPA support has been added to the database layer.
* A content subscription engine allows to inform users when important
documents have changed.
* xsd:choice support for the editor.
* And more...
The new GUI components have been written completely in GWT and are all
animated, dynamic HTML. This was quite a lot of work, but well worth it.
Some features we had in mind did not make it into version 8:
* No support for CMIS or JSR 178.
* No improved workflow.
We also won't have a public beta this time. It just didn't work out.
OpenCms 8 will be available for public download from May 9.
I will present the new features at OpenCms Days 2011. The conference has
many workshops on OpenCms 8, get the full program here:
I hope to meet you all in 3 weeks at OpenCms Days in Cologne.
Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com - http://www.opencms.org
More information about the opencms-dev