[opencms-dev] Upgrading to 7.5 with a setup which removesthe /opencms/opencms/ part of the URLs?

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jul 1 15:44:49 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:57:18AM +0200, manfred.schenk at zerobyte.de wrote:
> Just an update to provide more info:
> for stripping of the prefixes I used the tutorial of Sebastian Himberger (http://www.sebastian.himberger.de/comp/tutorials/opencms/apache-integration/).
> At the moment I wonder if the modifications of the top_fs.jsp and opencms-importexport.xml might interfere with the update-wizard.
> If I'll find some time in the next weeks I'll try to undo the changes of the tutorial before running the wizard again.
> If anyone has made other experiences while updating a similar installation of opencms 7.0.5 it would be very interesting for me.
> Regards,
> Manfred
> >I just tried it in the last hour but the wizard stopped in step 5
> >displaying the error message that the wizard is still enabled.
> >
> >Now I'm recovering the server from the backup.. :(


I had this hanging in step 5 too but somehow I got it working again by
starting over again. I believe a good idea is to clear all caches and
the jsp repository. The upgrade from 7.0.5. to 7.5.0 using the wizard
works. As said, use the localhost:8080 connection for doing the upgrade.
Trying to use through the rewriting rules may be troublesome and won't
work at all, my guess.

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen.de

More information about the opencms-dev mailing list