[opencms-dev] I think I know what is going wrong..
Phil.Launchbury at tssi.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 11:58:50 CET 2009
Here is a summary of all the problems I've been having with migrating from
6 to 7:
Modified my hosts file so that when I go to our live website it points at
the new server.
Installed OpenCMS 7, imported site. All the site URLs are wrong (when you
go to www.tssi.co.uk on the new server all the URLs on the pages have the
wrong form - instead of being in the form of
.html they will be shown as
rprint_reader_range.html - which of course doesn't work.
I tried many and various forms of importing our site to the new server
(from / to /, from / to /sites/default/tssi etc etc ad nauseum) produce
exactly the same result. And trying to use the "rewrite URLS" feature just
adds another /sites/default/tssi onto the line to make it
The only way I could get it to work was by importing all the website into
the root of the OpenCMS heirarchy. Which isn't good. And as soon as I
moved it into the proper place we were back at the original error again -
almost like the URL parser doesn't know that the site lives in
/sites/default/tssi and so is trying to make sure that we can get to it.
This may be an artifact of how OpenCMS is set up underneath (in terms of
where sites are defined as being in relation to projects) but all the
experimentation I did I couldn't duplicate how OpenCMS 6 works in OpenCMS
So - today I tried the other approach:
Cloned our live site onto the test box (with OpenCMS 6) - test site worked
perfectly with all URLs showing up as they should be. Upgraded the test
box to OpenCMS 7 - exactly the same errors as the "set up from new"
In summary - I can't find any way of moving our site onto OpenCMS 7 in its
current form. And having spent 3 days trying to do it I suspect it'll be
quicker and easier to find some other way of doing it rather than banging
my head against the brick wall. And even manually going through all the
files is probably quicker than trying to get it working in OCMS 7.
It looks like the link parser has got confused and is serving the site as
if the site root is / instead of what it should be (sort of like a fail
chroot!). The site definition in opencms-system is as follows:
<site server="http://www.tssi.co.uk" uri="/sites/default/tssi/"/>
I've edited the settings in opencms-importexport as follows:
(The userelativelinks is as standard - I didn't change that at all).
These are changes to remove the /opencms/opencms from the site URL.
Is there any way I can force OpenCMS to recognise that the effective
chroot of the site is in the /sites/default/tssi directory and not /?
IT & Support Manager
TSSI Systems Ltd,
Rutland House, Hargreaves Road,
Groundwell Industrial Estate,
Swindon, Wiltshire, SN25 5AZ, U.K.
Tel: +44 (0) 1793 747736
Tel: +44 (0) 8450 707 898
Email: support at tssi.co.uk
'Securing Business Around the World'
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is from TSSI and intended for the addressee only. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance of it. If this communication has been sent to you in error, please notify us immediately by either replying to this e-mail or by telephoning our offices on (+44) 1793 747700. TSSI accept no responsibility for any changes made to this message after it has been sent by the original author. This email or any of its attachments may contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts. You must ensure that any handling or processing of such data by you is fully compliant with the terms and provisions of the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998.
TSSI Systems Ltd is a company registered in England And Wales with company number 05433732.
The TSSI Systems Ltd Registered Office address is Rutland House, Hargreaves Rd, Groundwell Industrial Estate, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN25 5AZ.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the opencms-dev