[opencms-dev] Locale Problem !
cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Nov 14 09:24:25 CET 2005
Thomas Feldhaus wrote:
> For a new project, we use the 6.0.2 Version and now we have temporary
> “locale” problems.
> We have a “/de/” and “en” Folder in which “en” Folder Files are 100%
> siblings from the “de” Version.
> For both directory we set the locale in directory properties.
> After some hours, OpenCms deliver English content out of the German
> directory, when I purge the JSP Repository, it works for a couple of hors.
> Any help out there :-)?
Maybe a related issue, I noticed yesterday that there seemingly is some
session residue (for lack of a better term) that influence certain
aspects. This is on 6.0.2 (though looking back I might have experienced
something similar in 6.0.0 as well)
I logged on to a fairly new installation using the default english
workplace setting. Workplace showed the online help button. Then I
switched to the danish translation of the workplace and the help button
was still visible (even after log out and then log in again). It would
show english online help, but that is fine since I assumed it would
default to the english one since there currently is no danish online help.
But after a nights rest (logged out) and then loggin in again the help
button had dissappeared. Swicthing back to english did not help until
the application was restarted. Seems that information about the old
locale somehow lingers after a switch of locale and only gets
invalidated when the app is restarted or certain period of time (session
timeout?) goes by.
Now this has to do with the workplace, but maybe a similar issue affects
your site due to the way caching works?
The other incident that I think may be related had to do with a switch
of user group. Upgrading a project manager user to administrator ditto
did not have the desired effect on the WYSIWYG editor (enabling the font
size popup) - even after log out/log in. Since this issue was better
dealt with by enabling the permission in the appropriate setup for the
editor I did not encounter a repetition of the problem, but it sounds
like a familiar issue since it would only cause a problem when changing
settings on an already active user (session). This was on 6.0.0
> This mail is send to you from the opencms-dev mailing list
> To change your list options, or to unsubscribe from the list, please visit
Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com
cpr (you know what) interlet.dk - http://www.interlet.dk
Javadocs and other OpenCms stuff:
More information about the opencms-dev